Current Size: 100%
Through a joint collaboration between the Graduate School and the Center for Career and Professional Success (CCPS), this first-ever virtual event brings together doctoral alumni and current doctoral students to explore the diverse career pathways available to those with doctoral degrees.
The event features panels of doctoral alumni focused on the following: non-profits/foundations, the federal government, biotech/pharma, international/world issues, data science, postdoctoral careers, education, communications/marketing, policy/advocacy, research careers (Social Sciences), research careers (STEM), start-ups/entrepreneurship, academia, health and consulting.
How to Prepare for Alumni Career Panels
- Create or update your LinkedIn (see best practices here).
- Register for the Career Fair and networking portion of the conference on Howard University’s Handshake site.
- Read this document to take full advantage of career panels.
- Get to know the panelists (most are on LinkedIn).
Schedule for April 1, 2022
10:45 - 11:45 A.M. - Session 1 (concurrent panels)
- Postdoctoral path
- Education careers
- Federal/Governmental careers
- Biotech/Pharma careers
11:45 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. -Break
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M. - Session 2 (concurrent panels)
- Communications/Marketing careers
- Data science
- Health careers
- Social Science (non-academic research)
Thank you to the following colleagues - without you this event would not have happened!Alveta Addison, Betty Goodwin, Glenn Griffin, Nicole Johnson, Melissa Knight, Jimisha Relerford, Dr. Dana Williams and all of the amazing doctoral alumni.