Current Size: 100%
Courses can be used towards the masters degree program in computer science to provide a continuous path for the student towards a master degree. The Certificate program requires 15 credits, including a year-long course in Cybersecurity, two additional technical courses, and a capstone project course.
Certificate in Cybersecurity Studies Program List of Accepted Courses
- Cybersecurity I, SYCS 653
- Cybersecurity II, SYCS 654
- Capstone in Cybersecurity, SYCS 659
- Advanced Operating Systems, SYCS 680
- Special Topics in Cybersecurity, SYCS 684
If you have a course not offered on this list that you would like to take you MUST get written approval from Dr. Wayne Patterson.
To apply, please submit a packet of the following documentation:
- Application form
- 2 letters of recommendation- 1 required from Academic Advisor
- Official transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.2
All credentials must be sent to:
Kamla B. Deonauth
Howard University Graduate School
Annex III, Room 308
4th and College Street
Washington, D.C. 20059
Students Already Enrolled
- Good academic standing
- A minimum of 6 eligible credits (as determined by the Department of Systems and Computer Science)
Students Not Already Enrolled
- Satisfactory completion of regular degree requirements
- No Graduate Record Examination
- Other specific requirements of the Department
- Demonstration of the same level of achievement as degree seeking students.
- Maintenance of at least a B grade in each course.