The Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity is designed to provide a concentrated and in-depth exposure to critical connected systems and infrastructure security concerns to enhance professional capability of graduate students.
Individuals holding a baccalaureate degree in Computer Science or a related field would be suitable candidates for this program..
Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
15 Credit Hours
Cybersecurity has become an increasingly important area of study within the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering. Given the increased demands for national security. The curriculum of this Certificate Program has an interdisciplinary focus, comprising of courses from both the Departments of Engineering and Computer Science
Non-HU students enrolled in the Certificate Program can transfer a maximum of 6 credits towards a Masters or Doctoral degree program in computer science. The Certificate program requires 15 credits, including a year-long course in Cybersecurity, two additional technical courses, and a capstone project course.
Certificate in Cybersecurity Studies Program List of Accepted Courses
If you have a course not offered on this list that you would like to take you MUST get written approval from Dr. Danda B. Rawat.
- Students Already Enrolled
- Good academic standing
- A minimum of 6 eligible credits (as determined by the
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
- Students Not Already Enrolled
- Satisfactory completion of regular degree requirements
- Requirement Exceptions
- No Graduate Record Examination
- Other specific requirements of the Department
- Demonstration of the same level of achievement as degree seeking students.
- Maintenance of at least a B grade in each course.