Current Size: 100%
TEDx at Howard University
The event also is an opportunity to share these ideas with a global audience of residents, scholars, and students of the Washington area's consortium of colleges and universities, including the Howard University community, as well as the international visitors to the nation's capital, the economic, political, and cultural center of the world.
TEDxHowardUniversity 2016 speakers included:
- Dr. Georgia M. Dunston, HU National Human Genome Project Center, on recovery as a product of one’s human genome makeup and heredity;
- Haely Jardas, 2015-16 Miss District of Columbia, whose platform focuses on mental health, addressing the misconception of beauty;
- Dr. Legand Burge, HU Computer Science Chair, and Dr. Grant Warner, HU professor and Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, addressing entrepreneurial aspects of recovery; and
- Dr. Robert Shepard, HU alumnus, entrepreneur and motivational speaker, on his journey to becoming an internationally-recognized African-American scientist in the field of chemistry.
- Dr. Gary L. Harris, Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, on 150 years of academic and research excellence at Howard University.
- Vocalist Miriam Wright, formerly of the Peaches and Herb Review, and the Kevin Howard Band.