Current Size: 100%
TEDx at Howard University
Established in January 2015, TEDxHowardUniversity is a platform to increase the visibility of HU research-based graduate programs to a global audience.
TEDxHowardUniversity 2016 speakers included:
- Dr. Georgia M. Dunston, HU National Human Genome Project Center, on recovery as a product of one’s human genome makeup and heredity;
- Haely Jardas, 2015-16 Miss District of Columbia, whose platform focuses on mental health, addressing the misconception of beauty;
- Dr. Legand Burge, HU Computer Science Chair, and Dr. Grant Warner, HU professor and Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, addressing entrepreneurial aspects of recovery; and
- Dr. Robert Shepard, HU alumnus, entrepreneur and motivational speaker, on his journey to becoming an internationally-recognized African-American scientist in the field of chemistry.
- Dr. Gary L. Harris, Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, on 150 years of academic and research excellence at Howard University.
- Vocalist Miriam Wright, formerly of the Peaches and Herb Review, and the Kevin Howard Band, performed with trumpeter Donald Tillery.