Current Size: 100%
The Preparing Future Faculty program is designed for doctoral students interested in pursuing an academic career or willing to give such a career serious consideration.
- Be enrolled in a Howard University doctoral program.
- Note: Doctoral students with a master's degree are immediately eligible for the program. Doctoral students entering with a bachelor's degree only are eligible after their third year in the program.
- Seek out and establish a faculty mentor who is willing to contribute to the student's professional preparation.
- Note: Mentors are always invited to PFF-sponsored events throughout the semester, but they will especially be urged to attend the yearly faculty-student mixer.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 at the time of application.
- Note: Students must maintain this minimum GPA throughout their participation in the program.