Through a joint collaboration between the Graduate School and the Center for Career and Professional Success (CCPS), this (annual) virtual event brings together doctoral alumni, recent doctoral graduates, and current doctoral students to explore the diverse career pathways available to those with doctoral degrees.
The event features panels of doctoral alumni focused on the following: non-profits/foundations, the federal government, biotech/pharma, international/world issues, data science, postdoctoral careers, education, communications/marketing, policy/advocacy, research careers (Social Sciences), research careers (STEM), start-ups/entrepreneurship, academia, health and consulting.
How to Prepare for Alumni Career Panels
- Create or update your LinkedIn (see best practices from the Academic Designer here).
- Register for the CV/Resume Review portion of the conference (with Nicole Johnson) on Howard University’s Handshake site.
- Read this document to take full advantage of career panels.
- Get to know the panelists by clicking on the panel links below (most are on LinkedIn).
- Use your networking skills to connect with the speakers or other colleagues.